Friday 16 May 2014

Rose Chafer Returns

I love summer evenings, they just go on and on. I've been for a run, taken photos, watched some tv and it's not even seven. There's still time to have dinner, watch a film or read a book. Time seems more plentiful when the sun is up.

My most popular post ever is this one about Rose Chafers. I assume it's because they're not the most abundant insect and they're not that beautiful so there aren't as many pictures of them around as, say, bees.

Today I bring you more Rose Chafers, Rose Chafers part two. I was photographing bees and I saw a couple on the Tamarix again. One in particular was very still so I got all up in its business. Getting disturbingly close to Rose Chafers so you don't have to.

Rose Chafer Cetonia aurata
I won't pretend I'm not annoyed by the stem in the way but I couldn't move it without disturbing the Chafer. 

As with almost all insects, the Rose Chafer is surprisingly hairy. 

I really like how the Scarab-like Chafer is offset by the delicate pink Tamarix. Tough exoskeleton meet delicate petals.

Until Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment